Wednesday, August 8, 2007

moist

I just went for a quick little run on the Cape Cod Rail Trail again. I wore my strap which seemed to help and I got through about 4 miles fairly pain-free. I did take it off at the end back in my parents' neighborhood and tried to run to see how I felt and I had immediate pain. So I guess the strap helps.

The weather was interesting. It's about 70 degrees, about a trillion percent humidity and occasionally raining. I don't think I have ever been this moist on a run and I couldn't tell if it was sweat, rain, moist air, or all of the above. My hair in a ponytail also frizzed out to about the size of a cheerleader's pom pom. I looked classy.

On a side note, I got to go on two boat rides yesterday: first my dad took us out in his boat into Pleasant Bay and we walked around the sand bars at low tide and ate some cold pizza. Then my parents' friend Mike took us out in his 40 foot sailboat for a "sunset" cruise. I use the quotes because the visibility was about 20 feet due to fog. But we had fun and had some drinks and appetizers and then came back to the house to grill up some food. Overall it was a pretty nautical day.

Today we're on our way to Western Mass. to visit my Nana and Grandpa. I hear from Ryan that it's about 100 degrees back in Cincy and Tash reports the same from Nashville and that's just not good for all us runners. Our coach emailed and said instead of the tempo run he had scheduled for last night they were just going to do a regular-paced run and not push it. I wonder how that turned out.

1 comment:

squasha said...

oh, how i miss the cape and the ocean! i am glad to hear that the band seems to help!