Tuesday, June 26, 2007

sore already?


I can tell, that even after my two pitiful 2-mile jogs these past two mornings, that I am getting that walk again. It's the "every muscle in my legs is sore" strut that I seem to have mastered this spring. I am seriously sore already. This is sad.

I feel like I need a sign so that people understand why I'm walking the way I do. I'm certain that my 5 summer school inmates are snickering as I hobble over to the printer to collect study guides.

Randomly, this morning I entertained myself with the tunes of "Hold On" by Tom Waits. This has to be just about the most beautiful song I have ever heard. And no, it was not on my ipod. I was trying to remember the words in my head (no out loud singing--that would scare the bunnies). It kept me going. Slow but steady...

I also saw another lone jogger out this morning--with his pooch! I felt the need to honor Marley with a picture of her own here. And just 2 bunnies today. Maybe they spread the word that there is an early riser in the neighborhood.

I'll try again for tomorrow. I'm already of course getting anxious about when I'll run during my traveling days coming up but I think I'll get some time in on at least a few days.

"Oh you got to hold on, hold on, babe you got to hold on. Take my hand, I'm standing right here, you got to hold on."

1 comment:

RunnerGirl said...

What a great picture of Marley!