Monday, April 9, 2007

back to the cold

Today Karrie and I went to Miami Whitewater Forest for a run. We did the 7.8 Mile Shaker Trace Outer Loop trail which was paved and mostly flat and wound through fields. It was a pretty nice change from the roads and sidewalks that we're used to. We took it slow because we had both had an off-week this past week due to vacation. It was COLD which, after being in Costa Rica for a week, I was NOT used to--it was probably in the low 40s! I REFUSED to get out my gloves or headband though and compared to some of our 10 degree runs this winter it was not really that bad. I brought my "hydration belt" with some orange Gatorade and we had some orange Jelly Belly sport beans to snack on. I was in a rush to get over to Miami to pick up a transcript afterward and did not really stretch much which I am feeling now in my achilles. I am LOVING my new shoes (Saucony) though and have really had no blister/toenail problems since I started running with them 2 weeks ago. Overall a good run. I am looking forward to running with the group (Running Spot training group) tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Mom said...

HI Carrie

Love this site. I love your writing and this really gives me a good feel for your training.
Keep up the good work.

Love

Mom