Saturday, July 7, 2007

Buttonwood Park

Today was supposed to be the first group run for the Running Spot training group but since I am in Massachusetts I wasn't able to make it. I did, however, take a little jog this morning around Buttonwood Park in New Bedford along with Ryan and his parents (they walked, I jogged). I ran a total of 3 miles at a pretty fast pace (my watch/pod said I was going between 6.5 and 7 mph which is MUCH faster than my usual 5.5-6) and then walked another mile and a half. It was a far cry from the 7-8 that the Spot group was doing today but I'll get back into the swing of things when I get back to Ohio.

Things I spotted on my jog that reminded me I was in Massachusetts:
* Red Sox hats
* Dunkin Donuts (ran by it twice and wished I had some money with me for some iced coffee)
* LOTS of dogs--including a chocolate lab!

Today is our friends' wedding and then we head back to Ohio on Monday. Madison arrives on Friday--we can't wait!

1 comment:

squasha said...

dd's along jogging routes are such a tease! hope you got to enjoy some iced coffee afterwards!!!