Monday, July 16, 2007

short and sweet

After a night of getting up at 1am and 4am for an hour each time to bring Madison out and then play with her until she was tired enough to fall back to sleep without crying, I got up at 8:30 for my morning run. The weather was great but it was getting warm...I only did 2.8 miles (cut it short due to a fence crew which I had already run past 2 times and didn't feel like doing a 3rd) but it felt good. My blister is taken care of but my toenail is still really bothering me. Also I couldn't find my ipod (still can't, which drives me crazy!) so the run was a little boring. But I took along a water bottle and sipped every 1/2 mile which seemed to keep me hydrated.

Instead of coffee this morning I tried the new smoothie from Caribou Coffee which supposedly has electrolytes as well as caffeine. I'm not really feeling the effects quite yet but we'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a strong woman to run almost 3 miles with no tunes! No can do for me!