Sunday, July 22, 2007

long run+gorgeous weather=best feeling

So I didn't quite make it to yoga on Friday--it was my first night alone with the puppy and I did not sleep much at all. I will plan to go next week though.

Yesterday was our long run down at the New Balance Glendale store. It was at a new time of 7:30 which, due to the little pooch, I was awake at anyways. It was a beautiful day--dry and cool. We did a 6.6 mile loop with water at about 3 miles. I also ate my Clif Shot then which was very warm and gooey. I was way towards the back of the pack but with a group of about 5-6 girls. Then we were back at the store for water and did another 2.4 mile loop to total 9 miles. I missed Karrie who slept in accidentally, but luckily I had my ipod to keep me company! I felt really good afterwards and happy that I completed all 9 miles without a problem. Last night I was sore, mostly my knee, randomly. I am taking today off although we did do a lap around the block with both pooches early this morning.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hi Carrie! Not sure how I found your blog. I've been reading several running blogs lately. I just started training for my 2nd, it will be also be in October. I am up to 8 miles right now. I'm excited to follow along w/you here, especially since we are in similar stages in our training. It was fun to go back and read about your 1st experience. It was similar to mine. I finished in just under 5 hours as well.

I hope your training continues to go well and thanks for sharing it along the way!