Sunday, July 15, 2007

saturday's long run and Madison


Well, Madison is here! She's been a lot of fun so far and Marley has even started warming up to her.


Saturday's long run was from the Spot at O'Bryonville and there were 5 choices for routes. Karrie and I chose the 7.4 mile route and I did pretty well. I went SLOWLY because I knew I had to in order to make it that far (which is not that far really...but now it seems it) and walked up hills about 4 times but other than that kept it going the whole time. The weather was great--it was probably about 60 degrees and sunny which was excellent. Greg was there at our Gatorade stop at about mile 3.5 and I carried a water bottle with me until then, sipping about every 1/2 mile or so. After that no water till the Spot though so I was kind of thirsty--and HUNGRY! I had my standard Panera cinnamon crunch bagel afterward as usual.


I am taking today off and possibly Monday too...I'll have to see how I feel. I have a huge blister on my right foot on the side kind of near the ball of my foot. Also my problem toenail is seeming to be problematic again!


Here's a picture of Madison--many more to come! Also you can visit her webpage at dogster.com as soon as I have it set up! I will put a link here then. And, I have a new computer--a laptop! I love it! My computer crashed on Friday the 13th and there was no recovery. I wasn't planning on buying a new computer but I was going crazy not being able to check email and blogs so...

3 comments:

Mom said...

Grandpa and I love the dog pictures

Mom said...

grandpa and i love the puppy

squasha said...

i LOVE madison! ooooh so cute! and congrats on all your recent runs!