Thursday, July 12, 2007

morning runs


Despite the fact that I would have rather stayed in bed this morning, it was only about 60 degrees for my run and there was even a little breeze. I did 3 miles total, walking for 1/10 of a mile every mile while I drank water (as though I was hitting water stops in a race) and ran at "marathon pace" which I equate with slow (5.5 mph or so) or about 11 minute miles. I did a 1/2 mile cool down walk and polished off my water at the end. My route was up through the "old" neighborhood and I did 3 loops up there before coming back down to my neighborhood. I reasoned that it was flatter and if I wasn't running past my house there would be no temptation to walk.


I will take tomorrow off (says so on the schedule) to be with the puppy and in preparation for Saturday's long run. We are picking up Madison at 10am tomorrow and Ryan's parents are coming into town on Saturday.


Here's a little dog humor for you!

2 comments:

RunnerGirl said...

Love the dog cartoon!

squasha said...

ooooh MADISON! i wanna see pics! :)