Tuesday, July 24, 2007

hell repeats

Oops, I mean hill repeats. Same thing. Tonight's group run was from the Spot and we went to the Rookwood mansion area to do some hill repeats. For those of you that don't know, that means we run up and down the same hill over and over again. In my case 3 times. With the warm up and cool down (which were just as hilly I might add...) it ended up being about 4.5 miles but a 4.5 that was tough on my butt! I will be feeling it tomorrow!

I forgot to mention my next running wish list item. I would like to get a running skirt. I had a small problem with chafing on Saturday (anyone who has seen this will argue that it is no small problem) that I would like to avoid this Saturday. It is on my inner thigh and I could feel it happening but there was nothing I could do and now it's a bunch of scabs that looks like no other chafing I have experienced. Lovely, I know but this is my marathon journey after all...

On a pooch note, Madison and Marley are now the best of friends, sharing/stealing rawhide and running around together all day long. I also got about 30 pics of Madison developed tonight so I can make a little scrapbook to bring home to show my family when I go home in August. I am looking forward to some relaxing at the beach, nighttime campfire sits, and nice scenic runs (hopefully some with my dad and/or sister). Of course I will miss my pooches (and Ryan)!

1 comment:

squasha said...

ooh, sorry to hear about your knee issues and the chafing... have you used bodyglide? they came out with bodyglide with spf 30 and it is great. i admit i have no idea what a running skirt is...

hope everything starts feeling better soon! and your puppy is so cute!!!